Buftea. Lunga devenire a unei aşezări ilfovene
|Limba de redactare||română|
|Excerpt||Buftea - the Long Evolution of a Settlement in the Ilfov District
The Buftea town, urban center of the Ilfov district surrounding the Romanian Capital, is part of the old villages formed in the Romanian Plain. The name of Buftea, coming from the respective onomastic noun, was first recorded in a document dating from 1752. Previous to this date, the territory of the present town was populated by several villages dated by the archaeologists between the 15th-19th centuries, the most important of which was the Măneşti village, a princely estate donated by the ruler Alexandru 2nd Mircea to the Holy Trinity monastery he had founded in Bucharest, in 1577. A princely church existed at the core of this village investigated by archaeologists.
The vestiges of this church were preserved up to the year 1977. By repeated fusions and translations, the Buftea settlement coagulated, becoming a small town, in 1968.
|Paginaţia|||< << 131-143 >> >||
|Titlul volumului de apariție|
|Editura||Publicat de: Muzeul Municipiului Bucureşti|