Două inscripţii privitoare la Spitalul Brâncovenesc din Bucureşti
|Limba de redactare
|The Brâncovenesc hospital of Bucharest was inaugurated in 1838, and it functioned till 1984, when in was demolished at Nicolae Ceauşescu’s orders. Its building was located between the old Princely Court and the hill of the metropolitan Church; it was part of a vast historic and architectural complex that we owed to the Brâncoveanu family, of which only princess Bălaşa’s church still exists, along with two marble inscriptions from the hospital, carved in the times of Safta Brâncoveanu, in 1834, in the Cyrillic alphabet in use by the princely chancellery and the Christian Orthodox Church, in those days. The article presents each of the monuments founded in Bucharest by the Brâncoveanu family, including a description of the two beautiful marble plates now preserved at the Old Princely Court - part of the Museum of Bucharest.
||< << 18-32 >> >|
|Titlul volumului de apariție
|Publicat de: Muzeul Municipiului Bucureşti